#001 Analyst, Financial Reporting and Analysis
#002 District Manager
#003 Store Manager
#004 Sr. Analyst, Budget & Cost Analytics
Analyst, Financial Reporting and Analysis
We are looking for an Accountant to join our dynamic work environment to bring the accounting function in-house from outside consultant. Ideal candidate will be a pro-active problem solver that can resolve issues independently, who have worked with small to medium size retail operation with multiple locations, has experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounting functions and the ability to communicate with management. Salary will depend on candidate’s experience
• Accounts Payable and receivables using ACH and other methods.
• Prepare customer invoices preparation and send customer invoices statements, prepare weekly/monthly summary reports for sales teams and support collection efforts as required.
• Assist with filing and maintaining A/P and A/R files
• Negotiate with vendors over phone
• Assist in the preparation of tax reporting and filings as may be required.
• Assist in the compilation and analysis financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
• Maintain and record all aspects of fixed assets including purchases, disposals, depreciation and create accounting schedules and reconciliations.
• Manage daily sales reconcile from the reports coming from the retail sites.
• Preparation and filing of Sales and Use tax Returns for all locations.
• Preparation and filing of Property Tax returns for all allocations.
• Prepare payroll, payroll tax through third party service and complete filings.
• Prepare moth end financials for all the entities and partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to handle and meet multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Past work with other retailers or QSR with multiple locations or gasoline wholesaler is a big plus.
• Pro-active and excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently, creatively and be curious about understanding the business.
• Willingness to take independent initiative and communicate the results.
• 3+ years of experience with QuickBooks is a must.
• Microsoft Office-Excel, Outlook, and Word is required.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or related Business discipline. CPA or advanced degree strongly preferred.
• 3+ years of experience with QuickBooks is a must.
• Prior experience, 3+ years with fuel distribution or convenience store chain.
• Advanced degree in Finance or Accounting highly preferred.
• 4+ years of experience in Retail or consumer products industry.
• 5+ years of experience working with quickbooks in high growth dynamic start-up like setting.
Do you have experience in successfully managing multiple convenience stores/gas stations, fast food chain or other retail outlets? You might be just who we're looking for to join our network of well-established convenience stores/gas stations as our new District Manager.
Our District Managers oversee and direct the daily operations of multiple convenience store/gas station retail units. They are responsible for motivating customer service associates to provide outstanding customer service in a "Fast, Friendly and Clean" environment. They are responsible for total sales and profits at their assigned location. The District Manager is accountable for tracking and analyzing store financial performance against targets and will work with General Manager to develop action plans to increase customer counts, increase revenues, control expenses and maximize profits.
• Supports the Company Vision and Mission Statements and implements the strategies necessary to achieve them
• Ensures that all stores are providing the customer service that meets or exceeds Company standards and customer expectations
• Knowledge and experience with C-store Food Service
• Maintains high standards of store image ensuring that all stores are clean, well stocked and ready for business
• Ensures that all assigned stores operate within established inventory levels, salary budgets (and other control lines), and gross profit margins to achieve maximum profitability.
• Accountable for building store sales and gross profits through implementation of corporate merchandising policies, procedures and programs.
• Supports and enforces all Company policies, and local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Assures that personnel processes (hiring, training, employee evaluations, employee discipline and termination actions) are carried out in a legal, ethical and timely manner, and in accordance to Company Policy
• Supervises all store associates in a fair, consistent, and impartial way, and in accordance with all EEOC guidelines
• Actively assists with all promotions according to the Marketing Department. Conducts merchandise price surveys and observes competitors for changes.
• Monitors and assists in the professional development of subordinates for growth and promotion to maintain a high-quality staff. Develops an individual to assist in job responsibilities during personal absences
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks and special projects. Knows how to effectively prioritize and delegate to achieve maximum results
• Supervises and coaches direct reports in the performance of their duties; completes performance reviews and provides feedback and development opportunities to direct reports
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
• Five years experience working as a multi-unit supervisor in a C-Store retail setting
• Demonstrated proficiency in computers with applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, POS Systems etc.
• Must have an insured car and a valid driver's license
• Associate degree or equivalent a must, Bachelor's degree preferred
• Need to have knowledge and experience with C-store Food-service
• Microsoft Office-Excel, Outlook, and Word is required.
• Compensation package includes competitive base salary PLUS quarterly bonus based on performance of the assigned locations PLUS bonus on annual over all company performance.
• Car allowance
• Company match 401K plan.
Store Manager, San Ramon
The position of Store Managers is the most important one in our company. As a Store Manager, you are the face of our store to our guests. You are the person who greets and helps customers to ensure they have a pleasant shopping experience at our store. Your most important job is to provide outstanding guest service and maintain a clean, guest-friendly environment in the store. You'll also stock and merchandise products and operate the register.
There's plenty of opportunities to grow in this position. You could be an Assistant District Manager to District Manager and so on. Your growth and income potential is limited by your drive for success.
What Will You Do?
• Provide prompt, efficient and courteous guest service.
• Maintain a clean, guest friendly environment in the store.
• Ring guest sales on an electronic cash register.
• Perform all regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are included on job assignments.
• Forecast and order merchandise.
• Manage other employees and take responsibility for daily operations.
• Previous experience at 7-Eleven/Quick Stop/AMPM/Circle K or similar C-store chains is strongly preferred.
We provide very competitive salary along with an exceptional opportunity for training and career growth.
Are You Ready?
• High school diploma minimum. College degree strongly preferred.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with guests and coworkers.
• Desire to be part of a performance-driven team.
• Previous customer service experience preferred, but not compulsory.
• Fluency in English. Bilingual preferred.
The Store Manager position requires constant standing, bending and reaching with a moderate amount of manual dexterity. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required.
Sr. Analyst, Budget & Cost Analytics
National Petroleum, is looking for a Budget Analyst. The individual will serve as the central hub for financial strategy and cost analytics for company’s operations, work cross-functionally with teams such as merchandising, wholesale, retail, operations, and technology to initiate, test, measure, and scale new strategies and initiatives. Be able to make sound decisions and the ability to take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information.
Are you a…?
• Influencer: An innovative manager with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
• Leader: Significant experience leading cross-functional teams against tangible milestones, and to consistently deliver valuable projects
• Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end technology and operations projects, working through the many obstacles along the way
• Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
• Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and prepare timely and accurate financial reporting including variance analysis, based on actual, forecast and budgeted spend, for company’s retail and wholesale operations.
• Prepare detailed and accurate monthly and ad-hoc analysis for Controller of Finance that provides value and actionable information for management to react to business issues or opportunities. Proactively identify improvement and savings opportunities and work with management to initiate change with the goal of improving overall company performance.
• Utilize business intelligence tools such as AMCOM and applied predictive technologies coupled with deep knowledge of the business to identify important business trends, insights and opportunities. Proactively communicate findings to COO, CFO and store managers to affect impactful change to the business.
• Leverage information in key corporate systems, utilizing superior data manipulation and advanced spreadsheet capabilities.
• Maintain key business performance measures and effectively communicate business results to the management. Utilize superior business acumen to analyze financial implications of initiatives.
• Support leadership to achieve budget goals with critical, insightful variance analysis and reporting to include mid-period snapshots on key expense drivers.
• Manage the financial reporting process, ensuring that financial and cash flow analyses are prepared to justify expenditures. Work with various cross-functional departments to review project applications and ensure they are captured in the annual budgeting process.
• Proactively seek solutions to business problems identified, recommend and present action items to the team and cross-functional business partners. Seek and implement continuous process improvements for business partners and finance.
• Oversee the month-end and year-end closing processes as they relate to Finance department to ensure that financial statements are accurately stated.
• Work cross-functionally with Retail, Store managers and other third-party business partners to improve corporate profitability and support strategic initiatives.
• Utilize and mainstream corporate analytics tools for decision making in the business.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with software tools to create, edit, and analyze complex reports, graphs, and presentations. Utilizing various data systems, extracting raw data from the reporting system and conducting an in-depth analysis of customer product flow. Consulting with internal business partners or external clients to present data and recommending actions to assist the client with meeting business objectives.
• Be able to make sound decisions and the ability to take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information.
• Independently take ownership of projects to completion by effectively coordinating all the necessary resources.
• Resolve complex, non-routine problem, and issues where no precedent has been established or exists with little or no supervision.
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Engineering or Information Systems, MBA strongly preferred.
Area of Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in an analytical position.
• 2-3 years’ experience in retail planning, supply planning, or preferably in Retail or consumer products
• 2-3 years of financial analysis experience
• Strong business acumen with the ability to effectively and creatively problem solve
• Strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work under firm deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment
• Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy, shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and brief deadlines
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers. Strong excel a must w/ pivot tables and vlookup a minimum.
• Retail or consumer goods experience a big plus.
• MBA degree with Analytics focus highly preferred
• Business Analytics experience, certifications, training or relevant credentials.
• 5+ years of experience in Retail or consumer products industry.
• 2+ years of experience working with advanced data analytics and modeling tools like Tableau, SQL, R or SPSS working with large sets of data.
• Track record of successfully driving new system capabilities through completion
• Accomplished range of skill from high-level strategic thinking to execution
• Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Required: Yes, up to 30% of time.